Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday July 31st

I have had the hardest time waking up in the mornings, lately.  I'm sure that part of the reason is that I'm writing on this blog at 11:00 at night, but even if I get a full eight hours of sleep, I just can't drag myself out of bed.  I'm guessing if I did better at obeying the commandment to retire to my bed early and arise early, then I would do better, but how do you do that in the summer when every kid in the neighborhood is outside playing until ten o'clock? 

But this morning I did it!  I woke up all by myself an hour before anyone else was awake.  And I did it without any alarm clock!  So how did I do that?  It can only have been divine intervention.  Someday I will get to watch the replay, and then I will see the angels in my room, tickling my feet and humming in my ear.  However it happened, it was awesome!  I felt so on top of things today!  It's amazing what that extra time can do for a girl.

I'm not holding my breath that it will happen again tomorrow, but today I am grateful that the Lord woke me up early this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment