Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday July 2nd

I kind of wish that so many of my posts weren't about money.  I really appreciate all the help the Lord gives us with our finances, but what else would I see if I wasn't so worried about money all the time?  I'm sure he's helping us in many other ways, but the financial help always stands out to me.

So today I went to buy some steer manure for my flower beds.  They haven't been doing very well, and I decided they needed a little help.  I didn't have very much money to spend (I probably shouldn't have been spending any at all), but I love my flowers, and it's not really such an expensive hobby.

I went to IFA, and found the 1.89 bags of manure compost, and figured that's what I'd get.  But then the manager got ahold of me, and showed me all the plants that were marked down to 25 cents each. (25 cents each!!!)  So of course I had go load up a cart full of those, even if they were half dead.  He also told me about the best compost to use in my yard, and recommended that I get that. (6.99 a bag)  Sigh.

So I took my cart full of half dead flowers to the register and helped the cashier count them all.  Then I told her I needed five bags of the cheap compost manure.  But at that moment I suddenly knew without a doubt that I would have more money soon and that I could get the bags of compost that I really wanted.  I didn't hesitate, but told her I also wanted two bags of the other compost.  I paid for them, had them loaded in my car, and headed home to happily spread manure and compost around my yard.  (Who knew that such a thing could make me so happy?)

But before I could go home, I needed to stop at my parents' house.  I was hauling stuff out to my car, ready to leave, when my mom called from her office that I shouldn't leave yet.  I went back in, and she handed me a check for the Captain's job with them.  It was so amazing!  I love it when I get a prompting from the Holy Ghost and act on it and it turns out so well.  My faith is not always rewarded so quickly, but today I knew that the Lord was watching and paying attention to every detail in my life - including which compost I was buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment