Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday July 23rd

On Saturday I was giving Gretl a bath, and she was not cooperating.  She had apparently decided that I needed to get just as wet as she was.  We did get her hair washed in the end, but I was soaking wet.  I didn't even think about it for quite a while - I'm not sure how long - until my phone made a weird sound.  Suddenly I realized it had been in my front pocket when Gretl had doused me, and must have gotten all wet.  When I took it out of my pocket, things did not look good.  The screen was completely white, so I took the battery out and went looking for some rice to put it in.  For four days I've been without a phone.  It was weird, but it was actually kind of nice.  I felt free!  I never needed to check for messages, and I didn't feel like I was on a leash when I was away from home.  On the flip side, I never knew what time it was, and I didn't know if there was something going on at home that I should know about.  Ah, the complexities of modern life. 

Even though I was kind of secretly enjoying not having my phone with me, I still realized that I needed a phone.  It would be nice to just not worry about about anyone else who might need me, but that's not the life I live.  So I have said many prayers over the last four days, asking Father in Heaven to save my phone.   I tried to pray with faith, but I just couldn't tell how Heavenly Father felt about it all.  So I decided that whatever happened would be for the best, and tried not to worry.

Yesterday I checked my phone, and it looked great when I turned it on, but after half a minute the screen started to scramble, so I hurried and took the battery back out and stuck it back in its back of rice.

This morning when I prayed, though, I knew that my prayer had been answered and my phone would be just fine.  Sure enough, when I took it out of the rice and put the battery in, it looked great.  It has continued to work perfectly all day long, and I am so very grateful that I'm not looking for a new phone right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment