Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday July 5th


There were a couple of different ways in which we saw the Lord's hand in our lives today. The first was that A Field of Stars was performed twice, and it was a success!  It went great!  No one fell off the stage, no one messed up too bad, it wasn't complete chaos like The Captain was afraid of.  It was great!  Leisl was especially amazing as the female lead.  Friedrich did a great job as the drummer boy.  Kurt was very convincing as a ten-year-old boy, and Brigitta and Marta were very cute as school children.  There were no major mess ups that I could see.  I think The Captain saw a couple, since he's been working on every detail for so long, but as an uninformed observer, it looked great.


The second story I have to share is about the grocery store again.  (I'm telling you, I learn more there about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost than any other place!)  I had made a list of all the food we eat in a month.  I had gone through all my recipes (that I make on a regular basis) and written down every ingredient.  We have been counseled to have a three month supply of foods we eat regularly, so I was trying to have a three month back up of everything I need to make our usual breakfast, lunch, and dinners.

I took Gretl to the store with me, and we shopped until the cart was full and Gretl was tired.  I didn't make it through the whole list, but I was making notes on my list as I went along about which aisle each item could be found on.  When I had loaded all my groceries into the car, I suddenly realized that I no longer had my list.  This is not unusual for me.  I don't usually come home with my list.  It almost always disappears somewhere between the store and home.  But this list was different, because I had put a lot of work into it, and I wasn't finished with it yet!

I walked back along the path I had taken to the car, all the way back to the cash register where I had checked out.  I asked the cashier if she had seen it, but she said no.  It wasn't in the cart, and I couldn't see it on the floor.  It had just disappeared.  Grr.  I didn't know what else to do, so I got in the car and started out of the parking lot.  Before I got to the road, though, I had the impression that I could still find my list if I went back in the store one more time.  I figured that going back in the store would take less time than re-creating my list, so I turned around, found a parking spot, and hauled Gretl back in to the store.

This time I had the idea (not my own, I'm sure) to check at the Customer Service counter.  I walked up to the counter, but the girl was helping someone else.  As soon as the other person moved, I could see my list sitting on the counter.  I pointed to it, and told the girl that was what I was looking for.  She smiled and handed it to me and told me it had been on the floor.

Hooray!!!  I was so happy to have my list back.  See?  The Lord cares about all the little details in our lives, and is willing to help us out if we'll just pay attention.  I'm so glad.


No comments:

Post a Comment