Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday July 28th

Today the Captain was going up north to check vending machines, and he needed someone to go with him.  He likes to have someone to count the quarters and record numbers while he drives to the next location.  It saves him a lot of time, plus he has someone to talk to and hang out with all day.  He tried to talk Leisl into going with him, but she just wasn't interested.  So I finally said I would go with him, but I was a little worried about my kids.  I hate being gone all day, even though I know I have kids big enough to babysit, and they're usually fine.  I still hate it.  So as we were getting ready to go this morning, I started praying and asking the Lord to tell me if I should just stay home.  I was about ready to stay home, anyway, and if I had gotten even the smallest nudge toward bagging the trip, I would have in a heartbeat.  But the Captain needed me, and so I got in the car and drove away. 

After we had gone a little ways, we pulled out the food we had packed for breakfast, and I said a blessing on it while we drove.  In my prayer, I asked the Lord to keep my kids safe while we were gone.  Or, at least, I tried to say that.  I got so choked up that I couldn't really say the words, and I cried through the rest of the prayer.  I knew that my kids would be fine, and that we would be fine, as well. 

And we were!  The Captain and I had a good day of vending, getting everything done in record time.  There was even one place that is usually not open on Mondays, but there just "happened" to be someone inside who could let us in to check the vending machine.  Our van worked great, and everything went well.  My kids were good, too.  I haven't heard many details, other than that Gretl missed me, but everyone seemed happy when we returned.  Leisl and Louisa had fixed dinner, cleaned my kitchen, and vacuumed my living room.  What awesome kids, huh? 

Clearly the Lord had a hand not only in reassuring me this morning, but also in keeping us all safe and helping us have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment