Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday July 11th

This morning when I woke up I knew that I needed to do something with the Activity Day girls today. I've known this all week, but I just couldn't think of a good activity to do with them.  So I sat up in bed and said a prayer.  I'm pretty good at saying a prayer before I go to bed every night, but not as good at saying a prayer in the morning before I start my day.  I don't know why I don't, because great things always happen.  I said my prayer this morning, asking the Lord what I should do with my Activity Day girls today, and immediately an idea came into my head.  I thought about the temple, and how the girls need to see it as their goal.  Then I thought that I should take them there. Even though they can't really go inside yet, they could still walk around it and feel some of the spirit of the place.  So I sent out a text saying that we were going on a field trip today, and all but one of my girls said they could come!  That is miraculous in itself, because it's so hard to get everyone together, especially in the summer.

Before we left I made a quick run to the dollar store because Marta needed a gift to take to a birthday party.  While I was there I saw the bottled water and felt a nudge from the Spirit to get some.  So I grabbed a couple of six-packs and threw them into a small cooler with some ice.

The trip to the temple went really well.  The girls complained a lot about the heat, so I was very glad that I had water for them to drink.  But they also had fun walking around the temple, and taking pictures on the grounds.  I took them into the lobby, which is as far as they can go without a temple recommend, so now they can at least say they've set foot inside the temple. 

Because they were such good sports about tramping around in the heat, I took them for ice cream afterwards.  As activities go, it was one of our better ones.  I'm so glad I decided to ask the Lord for his suggestion on what to do for an activity today, because His idea was a lot better than any of mine would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment