Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday July 3rd

Rehearsal for A Field of Stars started at 6:00 this morning.  The Captain got up at about 4:30am to go get set up.  I was surprised at how awake I was at 4:30 in the morning.  I thought about just getting up, but decided that was silly when I didn't have to.  So I went back to bed for an hour, and got up at 5:30 to go and spread fertilizer on the lawn.  I got Friedrich and Leisl off to practice, and went back to bed for a couple of hours.

When I got up again, I went to check on my yogurt.  I had started some yogurt the night before, and was delighted to find that it had thickened considerably during the night.  But now it needed to be strained, and I wasn't sure how to do it.  I poured it all into a cloth, and held it over a bowl, but I wasn't going to be able to stand there for hours while the whey drained out.  I tried to think of a way to hold the cloth over the bowl, and all my ideas were so elaborate that I usually didn't even have everything I needed to pull it off.  So, I asked the Captain.

In about two minutes he had the problem solved, and my yogurt was hanging nicely, where it stayed for several hours. He just tied up the top, put a handy little gadget on the bottom shelf of my cupboard (I think it's supposed to go to a peg board, but it worked beautifully for this.), and hung the yogurt over the bowl.  It was so simple and easy, and I was SO impressed.  He really is amazing.

So today's evidence of God's hand in my life is my amazing husband.  I tease him that he is a compulsive fixer, because if he sees something he can fix (and he can fix pretty much anything), he will just stop whatever he was doing and fix it.  One time he was picking up Louisa from a friend's house, and noticed that their front doorknob was having issues.  He asked for a screwdriver, and had it fixed in under five minutes.  He's just amazing.  I don't know what I would do without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment