Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday July 21st

We are hoping to have a yard sale on Saturday.  The problem is, we've been hoping to have a yard sale the last several Saturdays, and it doesn't happen.  The main reason is because I haven't gotten things organized to make it happen.  There is the option of just opening the garage, having people rummage through our junk, and having them make us an offer on anything they find.  But....  that is probably not the best way to go about it.  So today I was determined to get to work and organize all our junk for a yard sale this weekend. 
Just as soon as I make breakfast,
and start some laundry,
 and clean up the kitchen,
and the list goes on. 

But in the middle of all this, I had the thought that what I really needed to do was visit a couple of people.  So I bagged all my other plans and walked out the door to visit the young mom down the block who just had her third baby while her husband is at basic training.  Then to the neighbors down the street who moved in a few weeks ago, and finally home again to find a recently returned missionary friend at our house with whom I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting.  (Yes, I realize some of those may not have been complete sentences.  Please don't tell my high school English teachers... or my sister who is a high school English teacher.)

I didn't get any stuff sorted or organized for the yard sale on (hopefully) Saturday.  But I did visit with some people that I think needed my attention, and I'm pretty sure that's what the Lord wanted me to do today.  Maybe the yard sale isn't as important as the people around me.  Maybe the laundry and dishes aren't as important as helping others.  Maybe the Lord had a hand in my day today.  And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment