Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday July 27th

Yesterday I sent Friedrich off to Timberline.  He attended last year, but this year he is on staff.  He
has had lots of meetings leading up to this, and seemed pretty excited about going, but I have had a hard time.  For some reason it just hit me a lot harder this year to let him go away for a week. I tried to talk him out of going just so he could stay home and hang out with me, but he wasn't so excited about that idea. 

I sent him off yesterday, and today I was already missing him tons.  So I was delighted when I answered my phone today and heard Friedrich's voice! Apparently the kid who was supposed to be the trumpet player for this year's camp forgot his trumpet or couldn't come, or something, so Friedrich was calling to see if I could send his trumpet up with a boy who is going up to camp in the morning.  Oh, and he also forgot his toothbrush and a jacket.  (Boys!)  So I got to talk to him for a minute and hear how things were going so far.  I told him about our crazy Sacrament Meeting today and how much we miss him already.

I was excited to have the chance to send some things to him, because I had forgotten to write the letter I was supposed to write.  They ask the parents to write a letter to their boys that the staff can deliver to them later in the week, and I had forgotten to write one and send it with Friedrich.  I was feeling kind of bad that everyone would get a letter but him.  So I sat down and wrote Friedrich a letter and put it in a bag with a jacket and his toothbrush.  I threw in a few jokes, too, just because I was missing my boy and wanted to connect with him somehow.  I took all the stuff over to the address he had given me, and felt a little better. 

I'm still missing my boy, but I'm glad that the Lord gave me a chance to write that letter and to talk to him on the phone for a minute.  I hope He will take care of Friedrich and help the days go by quickly until he's home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment