Sunday, August 3, 2014

Friday August 1st

It's amazing how easy it is to slack off.  Friday night we were at an Elders Quorum Social where we camped overnight, so I wasn't able to post.  Somehow that made it ok in my mind to not post on Saturday, either.  It's really not fair how easy it is to develop bad habits, and how very difficult it is to develop and keep good habits.  Really not fair.

So, anyway, the Captain has been the Elders Quorum President for a couple of years, and in that time has tried again and again to hold socials.  It sounds like a good idea, but they always end up being family outings for us because no one else shows up.  Really, it's sad how many times we've cooked ourselves hamburgers or eaten all the pizza because we're the only ones at the "social."  It's not his fault, it's just that everyone is so busy, and in the end sometimes a social just isn't the most important thing to do on any given day. 

The Captain is one of the most optimistic people I know, though, so he just keeps trying.  On Friday we headed up the mountain to the lake, and I was really really hoping that someone else would be there.  It's sad that I had thought up a backup plan for what to do when we were camping all alone.  But I didn't need it!  There were at least 50 people at dinner that night!  Whoa!  I was so impressed!  We had a way better turnout at a social held over thirty minutes from home than we've ever had in our own neighborhood.  Maybe that is the key, huh?  But I was so grateful to the Lord for sending all those people to the social.  The Captain was giddy with excitement at the great turnout. 

I got the idea today that Clark's wife may read my blog, so if she does, then a big shout out to you!  Clark and his wife bought all the food, prepared it all, and basically pulled off an awesome activity. Maybe they were the evidence of God's hand in our lives even more than the people attending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment