Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday June 25th

Today sure started out like a regular day.  I started out by spraying some weeds in the lawn.  They have been bugging me for a while, and since Friedrich still hasn't gotten around to mowing, I figured this would be a good time to spray them.  By the time I had finished with that, the kids were waking up and I went in to fix breakfast.  They wanted German Pancakes, and I only had three eggs, so I made a quick run to the store.  The Captain had left early that morning to go check vending machines in the northern part of the state, but thankfully I had the car we've been borrowing from some friends.  I went to the store and got the eggs (along with a dozen other things.  I simply cannot walk into a grocery store without buying more than I planned.) and went home to fix them breakfast. We got that done, but by the time we had finished breakfast, it was already lunch time!  Such is our schedule in summer.  I had some German Pancakes, too, even though I shouldn't have. The sugar sent me into a depressed slump that I couldn't shake for several hours.  I made it over to my mom's to return the Bosch and get milk, but then I came home to hide in my closet and read/doze for a couple of hours.  It wasn't until about 4:00pm that I finally got to work on anything.  I still managed to get the kitchen clean and some laundry done today, even though I wasted half the day before I got started.

In fact, it was quite miraculous how I was able to accomplish an entire day's work in the last few hours of the day.  I often have whole days where I don't get done as much as I finished after 4:00 today.  I believe God's hand had to have been involved.  Now if only I could have that kind of productivity all day long!  Imagine what I could do!  But that thought alone has just made me incredibly tired.  Maybe a few hours is good enough, after all.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment