Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday June 11th

I learned how to hear promptings from the Holy Ghost while shopping in the grocery store.  And I still hear and recognize more promptings while grocery shopping than any other time.  Maybe it's because I'm listening more closely, but I feel like I receive a lot of direction while buying food for my family.  And it's not just about the food.  Today I was pushing my cart along, and suddenly knew that I needed to check my phone.  It was in my purse, and one of my kids was calling me at that moment, but I hadn't been able to hear it.  A few moments after I finished talking, it was almost like a hand tapped my shoulder, and when I turned around I saw the battery display and remembered that I needed to buy batteries.  I felt like I had my own personal guide all through the store. 

Now, I know that these things could probably be explained in other ways.  I heard my phone, but not enough to recognize it, just enough to remind me of it. Or I saw the batteries as I passed, and it just took me a second to register them and remember that I needed to buy some.  It could all be explained away by scientific balderdash about my subconscious, but that wouldn't explain the presence I felt by my side through the entire store. 

Did any of those things have huge consequences or huge importance?  No.  I would have just been annoyed with myself for forgetting, or for having to go back to an aisle I already went down three times before.  (These things have happened many times before.)  No, it wasn't important to anyone but me, but since I am loved by and important to my Father in Heaven, these things become important to him, and He helps me out as much as I'll let Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment