Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saturday June 14th

I went to the coolest wedding ever today!  One of my Young Women was being married in the temple, and I was invited to the sealing ceremony.  They were being married in the Oquirrh Mountain temple, but my sister gave me directions to the wrong temple!  So when I showed up at the Mount Timpanogas Temple, I had half an hour to find and make it to the Oquirrh Mountain temple.  I definitely saw the Lord's hand in helping me find it and get there in time.

Once I was inside, I was a little bit worried about Jessica.  I didn't know anything about the boy she was marrying, but Jessica is deaf and I was hoping they would have someone there to sign for her so that she would know what was said at her own wedding.  I finally noticed a temple worker standing in the room who had American Sign Language written on her name tag, and then I felt better.  I figured that she would be there to sign for Jessica and interpret what was said.  I was completely wrong, but it made me feel better for a few minutes.  

While sitting in the sealing room, waiting for the bride and groom to come in, I talked with the other people in the room and found out that the guy Jessica was marrying was also deaf!  I then became extra grateful for the interpreter.  But when the bride and groom came in, and the sealer came in after them, I found that I had been completely wrong.  

The sealer never said a word, he just started signing.  The interpreter was for us!  She was there to interpret everything the sealer said for those who didn't understand ASL.  I was so impressed that there was a sealer in the temple who was fluent enough in ASL to do an entire ceremony without speaking a word.  The interpreter shared everything he said, and I was glad because my ASL is very rusty, but I was also glad that the ceremony was all about Jacob and Jessica.  I was so glad they got to "hear" it all in their own language.  It made it so much more special to me.

So the second way I saw the Lord's hand in my life today is in the way it was brought home to me how much he loves his children, and how he has prepared ways to take care of every single one of us.  He knows us, He knows our needs, and He has prepared for it all.  I'm so glad I got to witness this very special wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment