Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday June 15th

Happy Fathers Day!  I really must start out this post by bragging about the the Captain.  He is just amazing.  He is the sweetest, most patient man I have ever met.  He is a super fix-it man.  I tease him about being a compulsive fixer, because if it needs fixing, and he can fix it, he will do it.  Right now.  He was once picking up Louisa from a friend's house, and when he went to leave, noticed that their door knob was having a hard time.  Well, he couldn't leave until he had fixed it.  He can fix pretty much anything and fix it so that it will stay fixed. 

He is also an awesome dad.  He loves our kids and will take the time to help them with any project.  He doesn't usually mind them tagging along wherever he's going, and likes to teach them things. (Especially if it's math.)

I was thinking this morning that this post would be about the Lord's hand in sending me such an amazing man to be the father of my children.  And that is definitely true.  But I'm also pretty sure that God saved us from a pretty bad car accident today. We were headed from my parent's house to drop off the Captain and a couple kids at play practice, and driving down the highway at about 60mph. We were just coming into town when a car pulled out in front of a turning vehicle.  The other vehicle must have been blocking the car's view, because the driver pulled out as if to turn left, but came out right in front of us.  I hit the brakes, but we were going too fast to stop in time, and there wasn't room to swerve around.  For a moment, it looked like there was no way to avoid hitting the car.  At the last second, the other driver saw us and hit her brakes, giving me a chance to swerve around her and probably save her life. 

We were all a little shaken, and it was quite a while before the adrenaline wore off, but we were all very grateful that we were able to avoid a collision.  I am so very grateful that we didn't spend Fathers Day in the hospital or worse.  I clearly saw the Lord's hand in keeping our two cars from hitting each other, and I am very grateful that I am sitting at home, healthy and well, with all my family a car that will still run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment