Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday June 13th

My calling is with the Activity Day girls.  That means that twice a month I have a group of 10 and 11 year old girls who come over to my house, and we do something fun.  We also do a lot of work on memorizing our  Articles of Faith and completing goals for their Faith in God awards.  Most of my girls are very good about coming to activities, but not so good about coming to church on Sundays.  So I feel like my activities are especially important for teaching them the truths of the gospel.

One of my girls who was baptized about a year ago, but who doesn't come to church, is very good about gathering up every girl on her block and bringing them with her.  Today she brought an 8-year-old and a 10-year-old girl, both non-members.  Both of these girls have come before and had fun at our activities.  They have both told me several times that they don't go to church, but they are very willing to jump in and learn their Articles of Faith.  So these girls who don't go to church, and have very little religion in their lives, go home having memorized things like, "We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."  How cool is that?  I am so honored that God is sending these girls to my home to learn about the gospel.  If I can get these basic truths into their hearts, then hopefully someday when they need them, they will know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment