Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday June 29th

This morning before church I made a cake, an apple pie, and gave the three youngest baths.  It was a lot to fit into one morning.  We did make it on time to church, which was good because I was supposed to be leading the music in Sacrament Meeting.  We managed to get through the Sacrament without mishap, even though I was on the stand and the Captain was helping to pass the bread and water. 
After church was over, Friedrich and I helped the Captain clean up the church.  We run a sweeper over the chapel, empty all the garbages,  put up any chairs left out, turn off lights, and lock doors.  It is supposed to be an Elders Quorum responsibility, and we usually have a couple of helpers, but today it was just us.  It took a little longer than normal, and we didn't get home from church until nearly five o'clock. 
We were supposed to be at my parents' house for a birthday party (mine and my dad's) at 6:00, but everyone ate after church, and then I fell asleep. (Woops.)  We nearly missed my brother and his wife who were visiting for the evening.  But even though they were anxious to get going, they lingered for a quite a while after we arrived.  We must be pretty good company, huh?  Another of my brothers also showed up, and it was fun to visit with them all.  My brothers are always entertaining, and these two especially are fun to get together.  They both have a fascination with mechanical engineering, and tend to get into some crazy stuff when they're together. 
We blew out some candles and ate some cake and ice cream, and passed lots of movie quotes back and forth.  We talked about real life super powers, Princess Bride trivia, and other deep and meaningful subjects.
I am grateful to have a family that has so much fun together, both the family I grew up in and the family I am raising now.  God has been very generous to us in our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment