Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday June 8th


Today Louisa was sitting next to me in Sacrament Meeting, and suddenly leans over to me and whispers, "I lost my rose!" What?  She seemed fairly upset about it, but I was fairly confused.  I finally figured out that she had worn a necklace to church that had a pink rose on it, and she had just noticed that the rose was missing.  It had been glued on to a small piece of metal backing, and now there was just the backing with no rose attached.  We looked around the best we could in the middle of the meeting, but couldn't see it anywhere.  I began to think back to all of the places it could have fallen off:  her room, anywhere else in the house, the front walk, the car, the walk into the church, etc.  It was a very small rose, and the more I thought about it, the more unlikely it seemed that we would find it.  Louisa must have been thinking the same thing, because she started to cry softly.  I sighed and said a prayer in my heart, asking the Lord to help Louisa find the rose from her necklace.

Now it might seem like a silly thing to pray about, and it might seem like it wouldn't be big enough to write about, but it is exactly these kinds of things that prove to me how much God loves us.  Of course Louisa's rose necklace was not going to have a huge impact on the safety or future of our family.  Of course it was not as big a problem as others are facing around the world.  Really, it wasn't even a problem to anyone but Louisa.  But she cared about it, and was sad that it was missing, and that was enough to make the Lord care, too.  To me, it is those little things that God is willing to help us with that prove how much he loves us. 

Of course you've already guessed that we found the rose.  Liesl found it as she stood up at the end of the meeting and handed it to Louisa, who was overjoyed to see it again.  It may not have been a big thing, but to Louisa it was, and to me it proved that God is paying attention to the smallest details of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment