Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday June 12th

I went to the temple today! It was Stake Temple night, and the Captain couldn't go because he had play practice.  (It's hard to miss practice when you're the director.  People tend to notice your absence.)  So I found a ride with some friends and left the kids with the Captain for the evening.  (He's drafted most of them into the play, so most of them would be at play practice, anyway, and those who weren't involved could hang out and watch.)

The nearest temple is about an hour away from our home, so while it's not a huge sacrifice, it still takes some planning and ambition to get there.  But it is beautiful on both the outside and the inside, and provides such a feeling of peace.

I confess, I have not been dealing well with summer so far.  I was excited to be rid of the rigid routine of the school year, but now it feels like constant chaos, and I just feel crazy all the time.  I'm sure we'll get into a rhythm before too long (probably right before school starts again), but in the meantime I was very grateful for somewhere to go where it's not chaos. I am grateful that the Lord has provided these temples and that I have the opportunity to go inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment