Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday June 9th

I mentioned before that my husband was looking for a job.  Well, we got his last full paycheck from his last part-time job, and I was doing my budget, trying to figure out how to make it pay all the jobs.  It was obvious from the start that it wasn't going to get the job done.  Not even close.  This is when the power of tithing comes in handy. 

One of the principles of the gospel, found even in the Old Testament, is the principle of tithing.  If we give the Lord one-tenth of our increase, he has promised to open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing. It is a principle that takes a lot of faith to follow, but we have proven the Lord again and again and he has always come through for us.

So, looking at the amount of money I had and the number of bills I had to pay, it clearly did not add up.  So I wrote out a check for one-tenth of the paycheck, and turned it in to the Bishop.  This left me about three hundred dollars short.  But I had a good feeling about things, so I went ahead and scheduled my on-line payments for later this week and counted on the Lord to make sure there was enough money to cover them all.

And today it happened!  The Captain has been doing some work to help my parents out in their business, not counting on being paid for it.  He was just helping out, like he always does, but today they were able to pay him, and I have enough and to spare!  I don't know why I ever worry about these things.  The Lord always comes through for us if we put Him first and obey His commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment