Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday June 2nd

Wow.  Who knew my resolve would be challenged so quickly?  I am soooooo tired.  I went to bed way too late last night, and got up several hours earlier than normal.  I made it through the day without a single nap, and did fairly well. But now we are in the last stages of bedtime, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it.  It may finally be that night when we find out just what would happen if Mom fell asleep before she had the kids in bed.  Though I've never been asked to balance a basket on my head that was filled with heavy fruit, I'm pretty sure that after several hours, my head would feel exactly like it does right now.  The idea of brushing my teeth is so overwhelming as to cast me into despair, and my kids are no longer cute.
BUT...
I resolved to write every night about how I had seen the Lord's hand in our lives that day.  Every single day.  It seemed like such a good idea on the first day.  And now here I am on the second day, thinking yesterday's good idea is the craziest one I've heard in a while, and wishing that version of me would just keep her ideas to herself.
I wrote President Eyring's quote at the top of this blog, right under the title. It is the quote which gave me this crazy idea and got this whole thing going.  The words he said immediately before that quote are, "I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day."  Ugh.  So that means that I can't say I'm too tired and go to bed without writing something, even if I promise that I'll write something tomorrow.  I just can't do it.  Because President Eyring wouldn't.  President Eyring didn't.  He wrote about the Lord's hand in his life, and he probably didn't spend three paragraphs wining about it, either.  Sigh.
So yesterday was fast Sunday, and I fasted for the Captain.  He is between jobs right now, and even though I have not been too stressed about it - I'm sure something will turn up - he has been very stressed out.  He usually whistles everywhere he goes, and the whistling has stopped.  That's bad.
So I fasted for him, that he would find a job and find a way to be happy again.  So...  today he got an email from a friend telling him about a job opening that looks very promising.  And he's happier.   He still doesn't have a job, and he still doesn't know what he's going to be doing next month, but he's happier.  And so am I.  Hopefully it will work out, and that will be the job he gets because it would be an awesome opportunity for him.  But even if it doesn't work out, I am still thankful that the Lord sent that little pick-me-up for my guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment