Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday August 14th

Wow.  That was awesome.  We were reading scriptures with the kids before bedtime just a little bit ago, and my mind was wandering a little as everyone else was taking their turns reading.  Finally it was my turn, and the verses I read said exactly, exactly what I had been thinking while everyone else was reading.  How crazy is that? 

17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me. 
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. 
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep. 
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.

 Nephi goes on to talk about how angels have come down and ministered to him, and I can't say that I've had that experience, but all the rest of it is exactly how I was feeling tonight.  It's crazy to think that Nephi, who is definitely one of my heroes and someone I don't feel I can even touch as far as righteousness, was feeling exactly the same as I was tonight.  And yet he did so many amazing things!  Maybe there's hope for me yet, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment