Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday August 4th

Today I worked on entering things in the fair.  I had two photos I wanted to get turned in, and it seriously took me all day to get it done.  I'm kind of a mat snob, because I used to work in a gallery and do all the matting and framing, so I know what a good job is supposed to look like.  It's hard, though, when you don't have the equipment to do the job right.  We did get it done, in the end, and with a lot of the Captain's help (and the Lord's, I'm sure), and they are officially entered.  Whew!

Tomorrow is the day to turn in baked goods, and I thought I would enter some of my bread.  Now, I make some awesome bread, but it is a bit temperamental.  I haven't quite decided what makes the difference, but sometimes it looks great, and sometimes it doesn't.  It almost always tastes great, but sometimes it comes out of the oven looking way worse than when I put it in.

So tonight I was making bread to the put in the fair, and I needed it to look good.  I wanted it to look great, but I would have settled for good.  So I was praying all through the process, asking Heavenly Father to please make my bread beautiful.

I was way excited when I pulled it out of the oven and it looked good!  I'll pick the prettiest one and take it to the fair tomorrow, and I'll win a sweepstakes ribbon and become a national bread-making celebrity!!!  And you can say that you knew me back when I was a lowly blogger.  Hooray! :)

Or, maybe I'll just make sure to thank the Lord tonight for taking the time to make my bread pretty, when I know he has much bigger concerns.  It is wonderful to me that he would take the time to help little ol' me when half the world is on the brink of war, and most of the rest is already in one. It makes the attractiveness of my bread seem fairly unimportant.  And yet the Lord still thought it was important enough to make sure it happened.  Amazing.


P.S.  I won a Reserve ribbon!  That's like a second-place Sweepstakes.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment