Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday August 15th

Today the Captain was going to another town for a meeting.  I asked if I could come with him, because I had
an errand I wanted to run in a town near his meeting.  The town is more than an hour away, which meant I would be gone half the day, but I went anyway.  I dropped off the Captain at his meeting, and ran my errand.  The errand was a total flop; it didn't work at all.  I still had lots of time to kill, so I went to the temple.  I didn't think I would have time for an endowment session, so I decided to do some initiatories.  I walked up to the desk, and there were about eight temple workers gathered around it.  They stepped aside so I could talk to the lady behind the desk, and I asked if I could do some initiatories today.  All the ladies around the desk gasped, and one clapped her hands together.  Then they all got great big smiles on their faces, and started talking about how it was a miracle.  I wasn't sure what the miracle was, but I told them I was happy to be their miracle. :) 

After I was dressed, the lady in charge told me that she had been praying for another patron to do initiatories today.  Pretty cool, huh?  I read once that the reasons we have for moving, such as jobs or schooling, are really just the Lord's tools for putting us where he wants us to be.  I'm thinking it was the same with my day today.  My errand I wanted to run didn't work out at all, but it put me where I was supposed to be today.  I had an awesome experience in the temple, and I'm glad I could be where the Lord wanted me to be so He could answer someone's prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment